Fascinating Tahiti Facts
Bellow you will learn a lot about the most interesting and fascinating Tahiti Facts, we hope you will like then and read them till the end.
– In ancient times, archery was a sacred sport practices only by members of the elite. Bows and arrows were never used in war.
– It is a custom that you wear a tiara (white flower) on your left ear if you are in a relationship, and wear one on your right ear if you are single.
– Moorea is known as the ‘island of love’ and Bora Bora as the ‘romantic island’.
– Tahitians are very peaceful but shy people. If you introduce yourself and greet them, they can be quite welcoming.
Tahiti is Must Travel Destination
– The famous black pearls can be found only on Tuamotu in French Polynesia.
– The letter ‘B’ does not exist in their language. Bora Bora is actually Pora Pora which means ‘first-born’, but it is heard Bora Bora when pronounced.
– The word ‘tattoo’ originates from Tahiti. The legend says that Tohu, the good of tattooing painted the fishes in various colors.
– The average Las Vegas hotel has more rooms than all of the 118 islands in French Polynesia.
– On Tahiti you won’t find any poisonous snakes or insects.
– The boxes in front of every house that look like mailboxes serve to collect the bread. In Tahiti, bread is delivered twice a day, but people go to the postal office to get their mail.